Happy one-year to Buns and I! To say it's been a great year is an understatement. We have laughed, learned, and grown so much over this past year, I can only imagine what the rest of life will bring our way! I'm just glad I get to go through with him.
We celebrated our one year on Saturday night. First we went to Texas Roadhouse. Anyone who knows my mom and I knows we love us some Texas Roadhouse and those DIVINE rolls and honey butter. It was delish. Then we hit up the theaters for The Saratov Approach. It's been forever since we've been to the "big screen"! Todd and I had a wonderful night and talked lots about the past year, highs and lows. Todd kicked us off by asking me what my top 3 moments were over the past year were and these were the first that came to mind...
1. When we found out I was pregnant. I'll never forget the look on his face after he came out of the bathroom and found the positive pregnancy test on the bathroom counter. Priceless.
2. The night we went to the James Taylor concert at the conference center. It was a beautiful night, and Todd wrapped up the night by stealing me away to the park in front of the Provo Temple. We walked out onto the grass, and it was soaking wet. Not exactly prime-time for cuddle-time. Todd ran back to the car and came barreling back with these huge plastic sheets I was using to put behind Reese's cribs as I painted them hahaha. We proceeded to snuggle on the plastic sheets in front of the temple and talked about how much we loved each other. Gag city, right? But man oh man, I was smitten and loved every second of it. Definitely one of my top three moments of the past year.
3. Christmas in Tennessee. Haha, of course this was momentous for me to bring Todd back to Tennessee. My home! To see where I was raised and to get to know my family a little better! It was really special for me and meant a lot that Todd had such a blast too. He loved getting to know everyone, but he especially loved spending time getting to know my dad. There's nothing like seeing your hubby grow to love your family just as much as you do and understanding why you adore them so much.
Then I asked Todd about his top 3...
1. When we went to Los Hermanos the weekend after we found out we were pregnant. We talked about plans for the future and decided to move into Todd's parents basement for the summer to save some money. He loved that day because of the peace and love we felt that day from Heavenly Father. He said he felt like God wrapped his arms around us that day and that He was watching over us.
2. Califawniuh...we had such a blast on the trip over to San Diego with Todd's family this past summer. Todd said he just loved the down time we were able to spend with each other. We worked hard to save for that trip, so we could enjoy the time together and go to Disneyland. It was a blast! Such good memories. Epic fail on wifey part though, I took NO pictures that trip. In my defense, I had morning (technically afternoon/evening) sickness bad real bad, Michael Jackson, so I'm guessing I wasn't really feelin' the whole photogenic thing.
3. When we found out that Reese was a girl! Todd was totally convinced we were having a boy, so when we found out it was a girl, it took a hot second to adjust, but it didn't take long before he was so excited to have a little girl wrap her arms around his neck and call him Daddy. He's gonna be such a wonderful dad!
Buns and I at the movies. We originally tried to take selfies of ourselves up close in front of the movie poster, but some kid asked us if we wanted him to take the picture. Todd said no, and I said YES, THANKS at the same time hahaha. Needless to say, we got the picture!
Buns and I at Texas Roadhouse. (We waited an hour and a half, but it was so worth it!)